Gleisarena in Zurich
FFHS will open its new campus in the Gleisarena in Zurich in early 2021. Highly modern teaching rooms and workspaces for research, teaching and services at FFHS are currently being built right next to the main train station.
The Gleisarena project from SBB Immobilien covers two service buildings to the north of the trackside areas in Zurich’s main station. The Gleisarena will in future be home to the teaching rooms of FFHS and also offer around 50 workspaces for research and teaching. The tenant fit-out being performed by FFHS covers the seven-storey front end of the building and three floors of the six-storey long building section.
The relocation from the current premises in Regensdorf should be completed by early 2021. FFHS is planning a flexible concept for using the Gleisarena with rental of working and learning spaces for companies and also private use.
Facts and figures of the construction project:
- Architecture: Made in Sàrl, Geneva
- Construction management: Cretta/Weidmann AG
- Number of workplaces: 50 workplaces for teaching and research are currently planned
- Number of teaching rooms: 40
- Floor area: 6,200 m2
- Start of construction: July 2017
- Planned moving-in date: April 2021
- Costs of tenant fit-out: CHF 13 million